La4224 block diagram.
LA4224 1 Watt Audio Amplifier Specifications
LA4224 by Sanyo:
Monolithic Linear IC;
Audio Output for TV application;
1W Monaural Power Amplifier.
LA4224 is a 1W monaural power amplifier intended for television audio output. This IC requires only two external components (capacitors) and is ideal for realizing cost reduction of electronic devices.
1W monaural power amplifier (VCC = 9V, RL = 8 ohms).
Built-in Mute transistor.
Power supply range: 5 to 15 volts.
Input impedance: 40k.
The part is hard to find and was selling for $10 at Ebay. This is presented for technical information only. I salvaged one off of a junk TV and it worked fine. The original factory spec sheet presented an example audio amplifier and it was wrong. They reversed the collector and emitter on the mute transistor. It produced a good clean output into an 8-ohm speaker.
La4224 audio circuit.
- Quick navigation of main page:
- Arduino Microcontroller Projects
- General Electronics Learning and Projects
- Raspberry Pi and Linux
- Connecting a PC Printer Port to Electronics with Python
- Microchip PIC 18F2550
- PICAXE Microcontroller
- Comparator Theory Circuits Tutorial
- Constant Current Circuits with the LM334
- LM334 CCS Circuits with Thermistors, Photocells
- LM317 Constant Current Source Circuits
- TA8050P H-Bridge Motor Control
- All NPN Transistor H-Bridge Motor Control
- Basic Triacs and SCRs