Fig. 1 Schematic to my home built test board minus I/O resistors.
PICAXE 18M2 Servo Control
For more on the operation of hobby servos see Basics of Hobby Servos.
Fig. 2 how to connect a servo. Connect to pin B.0.
#rem Page references pertain to PICAXE Manual 2 Basic Commands #endrem ; uses command 'servo' symbol pulse_pin = B.0 symbol val = b0 init: servo pulse_pin,75 ;initialize servo main: readadc control, val ;read ADC1 8-bit mode into variable b0 p. 170 val = val * 1 MIN 75 MAX 225 ; set limit on val servo pulse_pin, val pause 20 goto main ;loop back to start
Fig 3 connecting a potentiometer. Connect wiper to C.1.
Program 2 Position with Potentiometer
Related: also see Potentiometers and Analog-to-Digital Conversion with the PICAXE
; uses pulsout command (p. 161), uses no servo commands ; uses a potentiometer to position a servo symbol pulse_pin = B.0 symbol control = C.1 ; position control wiper symbol val = b0 LOW pulse_pin main: readadc control, val ;read ADC1 into variable b0 p. 170 val = val * 1 MIN 75 MAX 225 ; set limits on val pause 19 pulsout pulse_pin, val ; val * 10uS at 4mHz goto main ;loop back to start
Program 3 Sweep Back and Forth
; Operate a servo sweep back and forth. symbol pulse_pin = B.5 symbol val = b1 init: servo pulse_pin,75 ;initialize servo main: for val = 75 to 224 servo pulse_pin, val pause 20 next val for val = 224 to 75 step -1 servo pulse_pin, val pause 20 next val goto main ;loop back to start
Picaxe Micro-controller Projects!
The PICAXE series of micro-controllers rank as the easiest and most cost effective way to use Microchip processors. I wanted an easier and less expensive way to introduce my students to the "PIC" micro-controller. Here I hope to get those starting out past poorly written literature and lack of simple working code examples.
- Solar Panel Charge Controller Using PICAXE Microcontroller
- Exploring the PICAXE Micro-Controller
- Understanding Micro-Controller Input/Output Ports
- Using the 74HC165 Shift Register with the PICAXE Micro-Controller
- Connecting the 74HC595 Shift Register to PICAXE Micro-controller
- Using 7-Segment Displays with the PICAXE Micro-Controller
- Potentiometers and Analog-to-Digital Conversion with the PICAXE
- Pulse-Width Modulation Motor Speed Control and the PICAXE Micro-Controller
- Connecting the PICAXE to the DS1307 Real Time Clock
- Connecting the PICAXE to an External EEPROM (24LC08)
- Connecting a Servo to a PICAXE
- Connecting the TLC548 to the PICAXE
- Connecting the Ad5220 Digital Potentiometer to the PICAXE
- Gen. Electronics
- My YouTube Channel
- Raspberry Pi & Linux
- Arduino Projects
- PIC18F2550 in C++
- PIC16F628A in Assembly
- PICAXE Projects
- Web Master
- Bristol VA/TN
- US Constitution
- Religious Themes 1
- Religious Themes 2