LA4224 block diagram.
LA4224 1 Watt Audio Amplifier Specifications
LA4224 by Sanyo:
Monolithic Linear IC;
Audio Output for TV application;
1W Monaural Power Amplifier.
LA4224 is a 1W monaural power amplifier intended for television audio output. This IC requires only two external components (capacitors) and is ideal for realizing cost reduction of electronic devices.
1W monaural power amplifier (VCC = 9V, RL = 8 ohms).
Built-in Mute transistor.
Power supply range: 5 to 15 volts.
Input impedance: 40k.
The part is hard to find and was selling for $10 at Ebay. This is presented for technical information only. I salvaged one off of a junk TV and it worked fine. The original factory spec sheet presented an example audio amplifier and it was wrong. They reversed the collector and emitter on the mute transistor. It produced a good clean output into an 8-ohm speaker.
LA4224 audio circuit.
- Quick navigation of this website:
- Basic Electronics Learning and Projects
- Basic Solid State Component Projects
- Arduino Microcontroller Projects
- Raspberry Pi Electronics, Programming
- Connecting Transformers in Series-Parallel
- Build an Adjustable 0-34 volt power supply with the LM317
- AC Power Supply Rectification
- Basic Power Transformers
- Transistor-Zener Diode Regulator Circuits
- Tips for the LM78XX Series Voltage Regulators
- Bi-Polar Power Supplies
- Connecting Series-Parallel Batteries
- Build Autotransformer-Variac AC and DC Power Supply
- Understanding Unijunction Transistors Theory Operation
- Unijunction Transistor SCR Photo Flash Control Circuit
- Basic Triacs and SCRs
- Solid State AC Relays with Triacs
- Light Activated Silicon Controlled Rectifier (LASCR)
- Photo Detector Devices:
- Photodiode Circuits Operation and Uses
- Photodiode Op-Amp Circuits Tutorial
- Photo Voltaic Tutorial MOSFET Output Solid State Relays
- Added Nov. 16, 2014
- ULN2003A Darlington Transistor Array with Circuit Examples
- Tutorial Using TIP120 and TIP125 Power Darlington Transistors
- Driving 2N3055-MJ2955 Power Transistors with Darlington Transistors
- Understanding Bipolar Transistor Switches
- N-Channel Power MOSFET Switching Tutorial
- P-Channel Power MOSFET Switch Tutorial
- More Power MOSFET H-Bridge Circuit Examples
- Build a High Power Transistor H-Bridge Motor Control
Web site Copyright Lewis Loflin, All rights reserved.
If using this material on another site, please provide a link back to my site.