Arduino Power Inverter Circuits
Follow this link for Arduino Power Inverter Circuits. This page was reached in error.
Videos for this project:
In my resent college classes several of my students plan to study solar energy in particular how power inverters operate. This is a demonstration I setup for my class.
A DC to AC inverter changes 12 or 24 volts DC to 120 or 240 VAC. This is a version of this using the Arduino micro-controller. We have two variations as presented below and will use the exact same micro-controller program not only to drive the power conversion process but to monitor other functions as well. Other features include:
- Monitor battery and input power condition and shutdown if battery voltage is too low. (Less than 11 volts.)
- Monitor the transistor heat sink assembly and turn on a cooling fan if too hot.
- Power up slowly to prevent huge current surges on the 12/24 volts source.
The drive output from digital pins 9 and 10 provide two square waves 180 degrees out of phase. In a normal 60 Hz. the AC half-cycle period is about 8.33 milli-Sec. pulse width. The frequency and pulse width are very important in determining power output. This was very easy to control with the delay routines in the software.
- Arduino Stepper Motor Coil Winder
- Connect-Program Arduino and a MM5451 LED Display Driver
- Arduino and a MM5451 LED Display Driver YouTube
- Programming Arduino and the 74HC595 Serial Shift Register
- Comparator Theory Circuits Tutorial
- Analog Solar Panel Battery Charge Controller
- Better Arduino Rotary Encoder Sensor
- Simple 3-Wire MAX6675 Thermocouple ADC Arduino Interface
- Arduino Projects Revisited Revised
- Schematic for Following Projects
- Programming ADS1115 4-Channel I2C ADC with Arduino
- Arduino uses ADS1115 with TMP37 to Measure Temperature
- Connect Arduino to I2C Liquid Crystal Display
- Arduino Reads Temperature Sensor Displays Temperature on LCD Display
- Arduino with MCP4725 12-bit Digital-to-Analog Converter Demo
- Arduino with ADS1115 4-Channel 16-bit Analog-to-Digital Converter
- Arduino with MCP4725 12-Bit DAC
Related Stepper motor Pages:
- Considerations for Using Stepper Motors
- How to Connect Easy Driver Micro-Stepper Controller to Arduino
- Using a Unipolar Stepper Motor with a Arduino
- Using the MC3479 Stepper Motor Controller with Arduino
- Connecting the Arduino to a L298N H-Bridge
- L298N Motor Controller Theory and Projects